This Forum is now closed to new posts. Thank you for taking part in the discussion.

Removing images

I uploaded a census record, and it erroneously was transferred to the profile picture for the serviceman. I have tried to correct this by removing the uploaded image, but althoughonly I have used this information, I cannot remove it. Some way is needed to correct an erroneous profile picture.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Philip Jarvis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminLives of the First World War team (Product Owner, Lives of the First World War) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, it is not possible to correct image captions - instead, please remove the image and then re-upload it with the correct details. As per Linda's instructions below,

Click on the picture.
    Click on the cog at the bottom right.
    Choose remove evidence.

Thanks and Best Wishes,
    Charlotte

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have made an error with an image caption !911 census - I cannot remove the image or correct the error.
    Barchard study

• Linda Hutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes the images seem to persist. One of the IWM volunteers has suggested adding or changing another image associated with the record. This appears to complete the deletion.

• lynn.meganw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have been trying to remove an image. something has to be done to make editing easier. I have had endless problems in the area. Clicking the 'cog' by the image and clicking remove image just doesn't do a thing.

• Fife Military Project commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another option is to upload a new image and set that as the profile picture. If you don't have one of the person themselves, a picture of regimental insignia or a memorial will do.

I am sorry that my effort to help has been taken awry by a user. I did not get an update from Lives telling me that Malcolm had posted a link to his man after his attempt to follow my instructions had failed. If I had I would have seen that he did not add the photo he is trying to remove. My instructions, posted in response to Philip's original question only work if you are want to remove something you, yourself have added.

If you think that a photo which is connected to a soldier is incorrect I can only suggest that you click on the picture, on the little cog again and this time select 'Challenge this source'.

I hope this helps.

• Malcolm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to remove an image I incorrectly submitted and have followed the instructions of Linda Hutton, but this has not worked, please can you advise. Thank you.

It is quite easy to remove a picture.
    Click on the picture.
    Click on the cog at the bottom right.
    Choose remove evidence.

If you tell us which life story you are working on (paste a link) we might be able to help you more easily.

Feedback and Knowledge Base