Do you have a question or comment about the site?

Photographs with several soldiers of a 'Community'?

Each community lists only individuals. I have a large, clear 1916 photo of the ALL men in 151 Siege Battery, RGN. Where to load it? Each of the 150 men in the battery prior to 1916 embarkation is clearly visible. There needs to be a home in the Community for similar group photos

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • macclesfieldreflects commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we progress this please? My communities are based on local war memorials and I'd love to be able to add several photos of each community's war memorial and its location - large enough so people can read the names on the memorials. Thank you.

• Andrew Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a number of other suggestions which are in a similar vein:
        e.g.
        6282350-ability-to-upload-images-to-communities
        6020711-web-address-for-community
        5956288-logos-and-text-on-community-page
        5890529-communities-adding-more-than-one-link

• Judith Hoskins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to upload group photos and have anyone who recognizes someone in the group tag it would be fantastic. I have group photos of my grandfather in Burma during WW1 - I know which one he is, but who are all the other men? And other people may have group photos that I don't have which include my relatives and I'd love to be able to see those. Please make this a priority!

• David Underdown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A longer term goal might be to provide tagging functionality within these types of photos, so if individuals can be identified a cropped image could be directly associated with their profile.

• Eddie Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. I know there are some group photos which would fit well with the Community I'm working on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base