You can enter a question or comment until 5.00pm on Friday 15 March 2019

The limit of 1,000 characters (including spaces) for a Story is exceedingly restrictive. Consider increasing the limit to, say, 10,000 chara

Increase the character limit for a Story to 10,000 characters (including spaces)

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian Grumbridge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gm_emslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem with some citations which are over easily over the 1000 character limit.

• Sue Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought I would add a vote or two to this idea as I was extremely disappointed to discover that my Personal Knowledge story/statement (which included sources) was far too long. Difficult to trim it down to fit without ruining the point and not wishing to split it over several story boxes, I have decided to wait until the enhancement has been made.

Unlimited characters would be ideal but a significant increase would be a great improvement in the short term ... and don't forget the word-wrap issue.

Please don't keep us waiting too long LFFW !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fully agree with this I had to split up info into 3 storys to make it fit almost gave up on bothering to add the info but continue as the info was not for me but out of respect for the person on this site

Feedback and Knowledge Base