This Forum is now closed to new posts. Thank you for taking part in the discussion.

Date formats

All dates should be forced to be entered nn month yyyy (e.g. 09 August 1912 - i.e. spell out/abbreviate name of month). Otherwise what will happen with, e.g., USA users - what will 09/08/1912 mean to UK/Australian vs USA users?

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Judith Nissen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adrian Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking at this now, the input dates that I found are clearly labelled to distinguish dd and mmm - however the output dates on my dashboard are still in dd/mm/yyyy format. Those still need to be fixed...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Brit I would prefer day - month- year but I appreciate US users would have it the other way round, so I think spell out/abbreviate month and have the year in full would get round this problem.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Speaking as someone from Australia 09/08/1912 means 9th August 1912. Having worked for many years with an international team the only way to write dates is dd-mmm-yyyy, thus 08-Sept-1912. Please adopt this format for all our sanity ;-)

• David Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even better is 1912 Aug 09 or 1912-08-09.
    Both go from general to specific like numbers do.
    The latter sorts as text without needing to be converted.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Judith, this is very good point. Let me raise it with the development team. Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base