This Forum is now closed to new posts. Thank you for taking part in the discussion.

service records

service records would be a great help in trying to differentiate between people with similar names where you know that they served but do not know either their regiment or soldier number

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
john ruggles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • K_H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The trouble with the service record listing, as it currently stands, is that an overwhelming amount of records are returned. If regiment names and service numbers were brought back, this would help with filtering.

In addition, it would be better if a "military" filter could be further applied, so that a checkbox of those records, currently "Service Records", "MIC", "Silver War Badge", could be filtered.

• Alan Weeks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where these records exist they can often be found on Ancestry. How can I connect them to someone here?

• Barbara Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I am trying to trace a Battery Sgt Major Patrick Ryan born in Ireland
    and have lots of information about him and his family but no birthplace in Ireland. and as you can imagine lots of Patrick Ryans

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are coming very soon, and you're right they make a massive difference

Feedback and Knowledge Base