You can enter a question or comment until 5.00pm on Friday 15 March 2019

War Related Deaths

First, thank you very much for all the help and opportunity to remember people who were affected by the First World War and in many cases the Second.
Having said that, I am concerned that the number of War Related Deaths may have been underestimated. The cause of death is really for a Doctor or Pathologist to determine, but having grown up in the shadow of both World Wars I would like to point out that according to the National Archives (U.K) "More than one million British military personnel died during the First and Second World Wars, with the First World War alone accounting for 886,000 fatalities. Nearly 70,000 British civilians also lost their lives, the great majority during the Second World War." The National Archives give an introductory guide - please may I attach. Thanking you once again. http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/deaths-first-and-second-world-wars/

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan Shepherd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base