This Forum is now closed to new posts. Thank you for taking part in the discussion.

Cause of Death will be on the Death Certificate

I think it would be highly unusual for a Doctor to say that a death "was not War Related." Deaths could still be War Related many years after. An example would be my Grandfather who died in 1956, my father still links his death to exposure to gas during the First World War.
I am asking for the Not War Related option not to be used. If we are not medically qualified the safer option would be "Not known." Indeed that is the situation, we are still learning about the effects of the First World War and all the Wars and conflicts which followed.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jonathan Shepherd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jonathan Shepherd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank yiou Charlotte for your reply but I am allowed to think otherwise, but thanking you again because you have reminded me about my Maternal Grandmother who sadly drowned in 1928. I would feel that the effects of the First World War were so great, times were changed, and because of that no subsequent death was not War related. Thank you again - and I will request a Life Story for my Grandmother who served at Coutts and Co in Manchester during the First World War, and I think they managed the accounts relating to the British Army and the Royal Navy

Feedback and Knowledge Base