Suggested Life Stories

1. Albert Bennett

Albert Bennett was a soldier who died in the bombardments on Scarborough in December 1914. He was part of the Royal Field Artillery and was the first serviceman to be injured in an attack on English mainline. He subsequently died of his injuries. Because he did not serve overseas he doesn't have a Medal Index Card and is not recorded on CWGC. His story is featured in the BBC WW1 At Home project: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01s4cy4 Please could we create a life story for him?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Found Results  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. JRR Tolkien

Tolkien, author of The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, was an officer with the Lancashire Fusiliers during the First World War and served on the Somme. Amongst the displays at IWM North there is a revolver that belonged to him - the accompanying record gives details of his service. He doesn't have a Medal Index Card so it would be great to add in his life story manually.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Found Results  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Private Bertram Breeze, #3465, 9th King's Liverpool Regiment

I've already uncovered a Life Story that needs adding!

I have a relative, Bertram Breeze, born in 1894 and died in 1915, but he didn't appear on the medal index cards so I had to do a bit of digging.

He appears on the CWGC data as Private Bertram Breeze, service number 3465, serving with the 9th King's Liverpool Regiment: http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/75227999/BREEZE,%20BERTRAM

Based on that information I found his service records, which included address details and family information which make it clear this is definitely the Bertram Breeze I was looking for (of 98 Beacon Road, Everton) and definitely the same…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Found Results  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Duplicate Entry Found

4685 James Richard Miles of the Rifle Brigade has 2 entries. One is filed under Acting WO 1 James R Miles and one under CSM James Richard Miles.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Found Results  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 419 420 421 423 Next →

Suggested Life Stories

Feedback and Knowledge Base