This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Acting Serjeant Thomas Dominick Wallace

I note today that Acting Serjeant Thomas Dominick Wallace (https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/4590819) has been demoted back to 'Driver', his initial rank rather than his final rank. It would be really good if he could be re-instated to 'Acting Serjeant' please.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Penny Yates-Mercer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Penny Yates-Mercer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Keith
    Many thanks for that. I am not quite sure that I followed how to make a 'service' prominent, or creating an update to remove!!! However, I seem to achieved the desired result, so I won't worry too much about how I did it!

What would we do without you guys being Volunteers - thank you!

Regards, Penny

• Keith_H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Penny,
    Any user can perform this change.

What I usually do is to change the "service" on the unit and rank that I want to show as the prominent one, for instance "Canadian Navy". Once the change is made, I then go to unit and rank, click on the cog, and "remove my update". Lo and behold, the preferred unit and rank is restored.

Kind regards
    Keith
    IWM Volunteer

Feedback and Knowledge Base