This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Pte B.H.Howells

Attention Anne Bathias.

You set up the above, life story 7691493, using the CWGC record. It should read B.W. Howells. W is for William. Where the B came from I cannot say as all records that I have identified only have William as a first name.

Regards Colin Chamberlain

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
CJinPowys shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rosemary Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had the same CWGC experience with a man's surname being wrong while his father's name was on the records correctly spelt. So frustrating.

• CJinPowys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, Rosemary. I realise you cannot change the seed evidence. I've had run ins with the CWGC over changes whereby I had official War Office evidence which they would not accept. I'll not be going down that route!

I'll amend the Lives record accordingly.

• Rosemary Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Colin

Please see the CWGC record, which is the seed evidence for the Lives story. We have to follow what is in the source. You may wish to contact CWGC with evidence of an error. I have corrected the typo 'H' to 'W', which you can change to 'William' using the appropriate sources.

Rosemary Lim
    IWM Lives Volunteer

Feedback and Knowledge Base