This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

William Lownds (triplicate record)

Hi. William Lownds has three records - Corporal William Lownds 5369, Acting Corp W Lownds Royal Engineers 207816 and Corp William Lownds RND BZ/3245.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Keith_H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If ADM 339 seeded info is to be taken at face value, then either Captain Kirk or Dr Who were present at the Battle of Jutland. Their use of time travel and transporters allowed several thousand men to be present in the trenches on the Western Front whilst also being present aboard the Grand Fleet.

Back to ADM 339, and a quote from the description:

'The records cover more than 50,000 officers and ratings who joined the Royal Naval Division
    or who passed through Crystal Palace, London when it was used as an initial training centre during the First World War.'

This man was never in the Royal Naval Division but he did spend time at the Royal Naval Depot at Crystal Palace. To this end, and to correct this "fake history", I have added the Crystal Palace address to his Life Story.

Thanks,
    Keith
    IWM Volunteer

Hi Miles,
    A merger has take place.

One of my personal pet hates is the incorrect setup of the Life Stories from ADM 339. the forum is playing up yet again, so I will try to add a further comment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base