This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Dr Herbert Edward Littledale

Please add to LOTFWW, Dr Herbert Edward Littledale MD born 1873, Commandant 1914-1915 and MO 1915- 1918 of VAD Hospital Charing Kent, Manton House Hospital Charing MO 1915-, Evidenced by Charing Parish Church Magazine (numerous entries e.g. Nov 1914 Charing now entertaining 10 wounded Belgian allies. Hospital in full swing. Nurses have certificates. Gifts and loans of bedding, bedding, clothes, chairs and equipment, plus food. Officially recognised and placed under strict military rule. Commandant and MO, Dr Littledale) and Kent Express Newspaper (various entries e.g. 4 Sept 1915 Charing Hospital. Dr Littledale finding being commandant and medical officer too much. Retains latter and. 2 Nov 1918 VAD Hospitals: congratulations to Mrs Pitt who took over all but medical duties from Dr Littledale in 1915. ………………. Members of staff at present include ,….. Dr Littledale. And At Manson House, ……Little dale).

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kirsten Moon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kirsten Moon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Charlotte, It was good to talk to you earlier and I really appreciate you doing this and hopefully it will work for other people we want to add too. We will add the stories as external references as you suggest.
    LOTFWW is a great project but also an enourmous one to manage so we really appreciate your help down to this level. Kind regards, Kirsten

• Kirsten Moon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Kristen, I am not sure what you need as a "direct link" the parish magazine is a hard copy publication held by the church and Charing and District Local History Society. The Kentish Express newspaper I am checking with colleagues to see whether the data was from an online version or taken from reading through the hard copy of the local paper.

Feedback and Knowledge Base