This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Calling ALL VOLUNTEERS and other users/friends - CWGC 'missing' - Help please

I, along with MANY others, have been checking CWGC casualty lists for UK burials and have already found many hundreds of 'missing' who do not have a LS [and sadly had only some of these added to LOTFWW]. Despite there are many thousands of records still to be checked please could the Volunteers please look at the CWGC county spreadsheets, available from LOTFWW, and try to add some more of those outstanding hundreds of already identified 'missing' LS from those lists. Help please ... In hope ... verging on desperation. :-( As for other LOTFWW users - please add those you find to the Suggestions list as fast as you find them. We must remember them - all. Thanks to all Volunteers for their efforts past, present and future. :-)

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
R Bagshaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • R Bagshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Selena, That is great. Happy for you to concentrate on the 'missing' from Wales. However so many other sheets are not yet fully checked and many that have been have so many LS still to be created. Will be a shame if all that early work is not followed through upon and lost. Calling all Volunteers ... know you are no doubt busy [and you work is much appreciated by many] but ... if you can please step up a wee bit more and help to at least create new LS for some of the hundreds of already identified 'missing'. A shared task is made lighter for all. "We will remember them"

• Selena IWM Volunteer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I've been concentrating mostly on the welsh county sheets, as not many of these have been looked at

In the old county closest to me, there are 847 still to be checked, so I'm afraid these are my priority

Selena

Feedback and Knowledge Base