This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

2Lt Frank W Stiven - add record

Please consider adding 2Lt Frank W Stiven of 6 Border Regt - no record found on your site; individual served with my grandfather, Adam Fulton of Border Regiment. Stiven's photo exists & other records

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, details limited I'm afraid - here's what I have:

2Lt FW Stiven.
    Details of service / Information available:
    2Lt Frank W Stiven present (named in line up) for 6 Border Officers’ Mess photograph taken 1916 in Sidi Bashir (https://www.pinterest.co.uk/fultonah/ww1-border-regiment/) he is also named in a number of other photos taken by my grandfather Adam Fulton (his record exists on your site) who served alongside him; (source; regimental photograph, Adam Fulton’s photo albums)
    My grandfather and Stiven both served in B Coy, 6 Border, Stiven had connection to South America, Stiven schooled at Westminster (source: Adam Fulton’s notes, )
    Original hand written note held from Stiven to Fulton 3 October 1916, noting death of Stiven’s eldest brother and father.
    Article on Adam Fulton in, “Stand To” – Journal of the Western Front Association, spring 1994, number 40, shows above noted Officers’ Mess photo; Stiven also named in this article.
    Thank you for all your work in this and other remembrance activities.
    Regards – Adam Fulton

Feedback and Knowledge Base