This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Add to Life Stories

I would like if possible to add three members of my family who all worked in the munitions factories in Sheffield during WW1 for which I have documentary proof and pictures. My grandfather George William Heslam born 1893 attested in Sheffield on 11 Dec 1915 but was transferred to the Army reserve until required. In the meantime he went to work for Messrs Hadfields a munitions factory in Attercliffe, Sheffield. His sister Lucy Harriet Heslam b. 1895 also worked for the factory and I have a photograph of her and some of her colleagues. Their brother Thomas Proctor Heslam (Yks & Lancs) is already remembered on the website. I would also like to add my Great grandmother Lucy (Bullen) Simcox b. 1868 who was also a munitions worker and her sons and son in law are already mentioned on the website : Reginald Simcox(Sheff Pals) Walter Henry Simcox (CEF) and Bertram Stanley Hewson (RFA)

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tricia Nattrass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base