This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Lieut. Henry William Victor Loveland

Hello. I am unable to locate the record for Lieut. Henry William Victor Loveland. He was in 78 Battalion Canadian Army, then attached to the Royal Flying Corp in January 1917, shot down and killed in France April 2nd 1917 aged 30 years. Born Winchester Hampshire.
There is a record (originally duplicate) for a William Henry Loveland of RFC but he is too young (as well as difference in name).
Thanks for any help you can provide. Michael.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Merwood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Merwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Following on from my earlier query about Acting Sergeant George Herbert Loveland, I see on his MIC that his Service number 200501 could be interpreted as 200801, so have searched on 200801 and found him I think. All other records state his Service Number is 200501, so his record needs amending.
        thanks,

• Michael Merwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very much Rosemary for creating a record for Henry W V Loveland, I have information to add for him. Also thanks for the information about William Henry, I see from the 1901 Census he was indeed the much younger brother and also in the RFC. (To add to the confusion, on my part, their father was called William Henry).
        I have information about another brother, George H., born about 1893, he was a Sergeant in 1/4th and 2/4th Hampshire Regmt and service number 200501, but I cannot identify him in IWM Lives with certainty, there is a record at https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/2707571 for what could be him, but the service number is 4/2492, would you be able to confirm they are the same person ?
        Thanks, Michael.

• Rosemary Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Michael

I have created a page for Henry William Victor Loveland using the CWGC record. The URL is https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/7696652 .

He was the brother of William Henry Loveland whose records were merged earlier. He served as "Henry" only.

There was no Medal Index Card for Henry Wm Victor which is mostly likely why there wasn't a record set up at the beginning.

Good hunting! Thanks for reporting.

Rosemary
        IWM Lives Volunteer

Feedback and Knowledge Base