This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    R Bagshaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • R Bagshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got to admit the MIC and Pension record match ASC #M/41722. The Pension record with its Leen Side, Nottingham, address is very persuasive with its ASC serving in the North Midlands - and now the AVL and its LC NC [Labour Corps Northern Command]. Think it is likely to be, but not conclusively, the same man - more digging required to definitively confirm I guess but think we should go with it for the time being. Thanks :-)

• Jane Dickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this man does already have a Life Story: https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/122756
        I have added to that Life a Pension Ledger and Index Card from Ancestry, including the details in the description so you can see them, as I'm not sure whether you have access to Ancestry. That gives his residence place as Leenside, Nottm. The Absent Voters' list gives his Labour Corps service number 168206 but states that he was attached to the ASC. The MIC image attached to lifestory/122756 gives his service nos. for the 1st S Staffs and the ASC and notes that he served in the Labour Corps but omits that service number, but this man seems to be the only Richard Bagshaw in the Leenside area of Nottingham.
        Best wishes
        Jane

Feedback and Knowledge Base