This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Reverend Philip Thomas Byard Clayton CH MC

"erved as curate under Cyril Forster Garbett at St Mary's Church, Portsea, from 1910 to 1915.[2] He then became an army chaplain in France and Flanders where, in 1915, he and another chaplain Rev. Neville Talbot opened "Talbot House", a rest house for soldiers at Poperinge, Belgium. It became known as Toc H, this being signal terminology for "T H" or "Talbot House". It closed temporarily in 1918 when the German front had drawn too close. (Wikipedia).

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jonathan Shepherd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base