This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

The raid on Zeebrugge.

This is a true story. On 23/04/1918, while the British fleet attacked the port of Zeebrugge, a bom fel near some houses.These houses were built in a circle and are still standing today... The impact of the explosion broke my grandmothers window and my father, a baby of 1 year old got thrown into a nearby field.Folks ran out of their houses, frightened, bewildered,... They found the baby and took it to my grandmother, saying it was dead. My grandmother, a strong Dutch woman from the isle of Walcheren, and having had 13 children, determently reanimated her youngest.
Augustinus Vermeulen became a merchant navy-man and married a British girl. There is a huge story to tell about his life during the second world war, providing Britain.
Somebody in Britain ought to make a film about the raid on Zeebrugge.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jean-Paul Vermeulen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base