This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Corporal William Harvey Boon

William Harvey Boon is my grandfather. I have photographs of him in uniform, with a platoon and an officer who is wearing the Essex Regimental cap badge. The photograph is dated on the reverse as 1918. My grandfather would have been 38/9 at that time and the rest of the platoon also look around the same age. The photo was taken in Walthamstow, so I am wondering if they were reservists or a training section or something of that sort. As far as I know William never served in France or saw action. I have no army number, medals or other details apart from another photo of an army boxing squad of which he was a member. I have looked at all the profiles for William Boon/e and William H Boon/e without success. Is there any way in which I can forward you the images mentioned above in order for you to assess whether a profile might be created?
Many thanks for your time,
Susan Church

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Susan Church shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in