This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Create

John William Abbs. He has a Pension Record on Ancestry indexed as 22005 Rifle Brigade. I cannot find any reference to Rifle Brigade in the Record, but one of his Service Nos. was 22005, also 37557 + 3 more. Units (all Garrison Bn's); Northants, Suffolk, Beds & back to Suffolks. Attested 25.11.15 discharged 5.11.17. He is not connected to 16175, John William Abbs, Norfolk Regiment.
Cynthia Budd

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
paulrbudd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • paulrbudd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very much for adding this man, I hadn't spotted the '5th R B' stamp on Attestation Form along with the many other Regts & Service Nos. Are you sure 'R B' means Royal Berkshires of could it be Rifle Brigade, as transcribed by Ancestry. I have revisited his Record again on Ancestry & also Find My Past as I have membership to both. When he was discharged his Service No. was 37559, Suffolk Regt. I will add input to hisLifestory asap. Cynthia

Feedback and Knowledge Base