This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Henry James Draper, born 1875

I wish to "remember" a soldier who is not showing. He had a military career before the 1st World War, but then re-enlisted in 1914 having worked as a servant at Royal Military College, Sandhurst. His name was Henry James Draper, born 25 November 1875. Re-enlisted on 14th September 1914 and joined Royal Mounted Military Police. Rank: Lance Corporal. Served in Zanzibar between 06 Jul 191629 Nov 1917. Invalided Out 29/11/1917 due to Malaria and Poison Bite

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sara Cox shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yvonne Fenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sara ...
    I managed to find him for you .... his medal card is in the name of H J Draper, so that is how he was listed on Lives.
    I've copied the medal details fro the card image for you, and also linked his service record to his Life Story. I've also updated his Life Story with a few basic facts from his service record, to get you started.
    You can find his Life Story at https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/1692467 and I hope you enjoy adding to it.
    Yvonne, IWM Volunteer

Feedback and Knowledge Base