This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Leopold White

Leopold White was born 1881 in Eastbourne. He enlisted 17th February 1916 at the age of 35 giving his home address as 72 High Street, Hailsham and his occupation as coal merchant. He joined the Army Ordnance Corp, service number 52888.
On 16th April 1918 he was transferred to 1st(Res) Garrison Battery, Suffolk Regiment keeping the same service number.
On his discharge on 6th March 1919 he was an Acting Lance Corporal and gave his address as St Wilfred's, Hailsham. This information was supplied from his 2 Army records.
Please include his Life Story.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John Miller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fife Military Project commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've added a story for him here https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/7665522 I have only added the military details of the Suffolk Regt as his papers show he desired service with either the AOC or RASC but when he was eventually called up he went to the Suffolks instead, personally in a case like this I would add the other details as a story rather than adding a rank and regiment he never went to. He spent the time from Feb 1916-Apr 1918 in the Army Reserve (ie in the army on paper but not actually serving full time)
    Richard
    IWM Volunteer

Feedback and Knowledge Base