This Forum is now closed to new requests. The Lives of the First World War team is responding to the final requests received and will provide updates in the comments section of posts.

Granddad john convery who died march 1965

Wife Catherine convery from Glasgow a house wife and mother has 6 children together first child was james convery stayed in pollok priesthill near the old plane tree darnley

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ELAINE CONVERY shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yvonne Fenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Elaine ...
    From the information you provided about your grandfather in this post and your second one, I had a look for him on the Scotlands People web site. In the Statutory Registers, I found an entry for his marriage to Catherine McEwan in the Shettleston district of Glasgow in 1936. I also found a death registration in Glasgow in 1965. However, that entry says he was aged 56 when he died, meaning that he was born in 1908 or 1909. So I checked the birth register and found a birth in 1908 in the Garngadhill district of Glasgow.
    Does all that seem correct to you?
    If so, it means that your grandfather would have been too young to have served in the First World War, which is why he isn't included on this site.
    Or was he involved in WW1 in some other way that makes you think he ought to be included?
    Yvonne, IWM Volunteer

Feedback and Knowledge Base