Suggested Life Stories

1. Francis George Ambrose

Born 18th June 1894 - Died 25th August 1964.
    Enlisted in 19th Hussars - 5th February 1913

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. davemale@btinternet.com

Charles John Male Nationality: United Kingdom Rank: Rifleman Regiment: Rifle Brigade Unit Text: 12th Bn. Date of Death: 20/02/1918 Service No: S/26638 Grave/Memorial Reference: XVI. A. 35. Cemetery: COLOGNE SOUTHERN CEMETERY

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Canlin brothers, Richard and Frank

Three sons enlisted only one returned home safe

Gunner FRANK CANLIN
    321st Siege Bty. ROYAL GARRISON ARTILLERY. 46009 Killed in action 28 May 1917, aged 22, buried Vlamertinghe Military Cemetery

Private RICHARD CANLIN, 13 General Hospital, Royal Army Medical Corps, No. 33038 DIED  of Pneumonia, 10 Jun 1916 aged 20. Buried Boulogne, France

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Private Charles Clifford

Private Charles Clifford, service number 4969, mobilised to join the Coldstream Guards on 5th August 1914 and killed at the first battle of Ypres in October 1914.

He left a widow, who had already been widowed by the Boer war and a young daughter.

I have photos, medals, dog tag and mobilisation letter.

I would appreciate if you could add him to your register, from his only surviving great grandchild. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lance Corporal John James Fogg, 2344. Regiment Notts and Derby (Sherwood Foresters) RegimentBattalion1st 5 Battalion

L/Corporal John James Fogg, Son of George & Elizabeth Fogg of 4 Clara Mount Road, Heanor, killed Ypres, Belgium 31 July 1915. Mentioned on Menin Gate. While researching 'Jack' (family name) I found that killed same day and appears to be same area, friend/neighbour Arthur Potter, Son of Herbert and Annie Potter, of 3, Clara Mount Rd., Langley, Heanor, Nottingham. Name mentioned on Menin Gate. Can a life story be kept for these two?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mervyn roach

Please put a link on the community of Lance corporal Mervyn Roach. Civil service rifles. I have transcribed his diary and it is now on https:// civilserviceriflemanww1.uk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please create a page for John Paxton

British Army Service Record found on FMP for Pte John Paxton, born 1867. Service number 15894 (65th Protection Company Royal Defence Corp). Thank you very much.

Suzanne

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Elizabeth Mitchell born 1901 in Liverpool who trained as a nurse at the Liverpool Royal Infirmary . There is a photograph that exists.

Elizabeth Mitchell was born in Liverpool in 1901 and trained as a nurse at The Liverpool Royal Infirmary. There is a photograph where she is part of a group of nurses on the steps of the Infirmary

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Henry Robert Hamilton Tollemache born 1888

Hi. He started his WW1 military career in the Hampshire Regiment (I believe) and later went to the Army Service Corps. I have him as a Lieutenant in 1918. One of the extended Tollemache family of which there are a number of records on the site - but not his.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please create a page for Albert Pilsworth

Please create a page for Albert Pilsworth, born 1901 registered Fulbourn. British Army Service Records on FMP show service number 2696, 1st Cambridgeshire Reg. Thank you very much.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. sstenning@hotmail.com

Herbert Charles Young - new Life please
    burnt document in WO 363 is very difficult to read but it seems he enlisted 23/11/16 and was born 1885 in Castle Combe. He finished as 441337 in Labour Corps and may have had earlier service numbers of 2779, 62335 or 6233_

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sstenning@hotmail.com

Leonard Smith https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/4156064#evidence
    according to medal card was service no. 6928 but his service record scan shows 6923. Please review the actual medal card - could it be a transcription error?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sstenning@hotmail.com

Albert Henry Hayes - new life please
    service nos. 26177 8th Wilts
    61117 Liverpool 10th
    171455 Labour Corps
    service record in WO 363

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add Deck Hand Frank John Hitchcock – Royal Navy Reserve SN: SD 217 – served between 1915-1918.

I have a copy of his service record via Ancestry/Discovery National Archives – UK, Royal Naval Reserve Service Records – Reference: BT 377/7/92649. He was invalided out August 1918. I think his rating is Deck Hand.

If you could create a life story for him that would be great as I have additional information I would like to add to remember his contribution during WW1.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please create a life story for Rifleman Arthur Whiffen KRRC no. 60105

I cannot find KRRC Arthur with surname spelling variants or number. This Arthur's service records are muddled in the middle of a different Arthur Whiffen's service records.(ASC T/3/023104).
    which you can see at:
    https://search.livesofthefirstworldwar.org/record?id=GBM/WO363-4/7318700/12/324

KRRC Arthur was born 2 Feb 1882 Peckham Surrey, is married to a different person and has other children named in his records

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rifleman Frank william Day B/200520 Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort) d. 7/12/1917 CWGC

Please set up a life story for this man, appears in CWGC records on this website.

Mary

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add Engineman Warwick Charles Steddy – Royal Navy SN:2383/ST – Served between 1915-1919.

I have a copy of his service record via Ancestry/Discovery National Archives – UK, Royal Naval Reserve Service Records – Reference: BT 377/7/100460. I also have details of the medals he was awarded from UK, Naval Medal and Award Rolls 1793-1972 via Ancestry.

If you could create a life story for him that would be great as I have additional information I would like to add to remember his contribution during WW1.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please Add - Edwin Neiass – R.N.A Royal Australian Navy – SN:7123 served duration of WWI

I have copy of his R.N.A service record via Ancestry/Fold 3 (Series Description: A6770: RAN, Petty Officers and Men) unfortunately it has been filed under WWII Military Service Records, 1939-1945.

He served with the R.N.A between 1912-1922. He served on HMAS Melbourne 1913-Sep 1917, London Dep 1917, Cerberus 1917-1919. His was awarded The 1914-15 Star, The British War Medal, 1914-1919 and The Allied Victory Medal. Acronym used to record service rank is A/Ldg Sto – so I have interpreted that, having checked on TNA – records abbreviations WWI, I think his rank is Acting Lead Stoker?

Edwin was born in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. sstenning@hotmail.com

William Charles Baker enlisted at Devizes 24 August 1916 according to his service record WO 363 at TNA. He seems to have had 4 service numbers: 3572, 162635, 687453 in the Royal Field Artillery, then 535459 in the Labour Corps, but I can't find him. Would you please create a new Life for him or direct me to his existing one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Suggested Life Stories

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base