Adding information is a two-step process - first, add evidence; second, add facts from the evidence.
Evidence is anything that proves a fact - evidence might be an official record showing an enlistment date, a photo showing someone's regiment, a family letter mentioning an address:
- Upload your own evidence, such as photos and papers
- Find evidence elsewhere in other websites or publications
- Find evidence here in our official genealogy records*
- Upload a profile picture
- Illustrate facts on the Timeline with relevant images
- Something handed down through your family
- Something written in a journal or War Diary
Adding Facts from Evidence
Using the evidence you’ve uploaded, connect any facts that are shown.
IWM is asking you to use evidence to prove facts. We ask for evidence to ensure that Life Stories you contribute to are a legacy for future generations.
If you’d like more assistance, please read our Guide to Adding to a Life Story