What are your thoughts on the site?

Awkward Duplicate: Private Frank F O'Halloran British Army Army Service Corps, Service #M2/181810 and

Frank Frederick O'Halloran

Date of Birth: 12/12/1883 – Date of Death: not yet known

Royal Navy, Service #358750

I have checked this out. His RN Record shows that he was "Put Ashore" and naval service was terminated. The naval service record was marked - not eligible for war gratuity. He was awarded pip squeak and Wilfred for naval service. He was then either conscripted, or volunteered for the army. He can be found on the 1918 electoral register for Portsmouth as NM absent voter with his wife , Although his full army service record does not survive, the Medal Index card and medal roll entries survive. he was awarded the Victory and BWM for army service. On a local memorial in Portsmouth at St Wilfrid's Church Buckland he or someone entered "Serbian Army" as his war service which fits with army service in Macedonia. Post war he joined the Royal Irish Constabulary.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Keith RobertsKeith Roberts shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Keith RobertsKeith Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RN Service record is under 358750 and confirms put ashore. matches RN medal records.
        Died June 1948, Chichester West Sussex Vol 5H p405

• Selena IWM VolunteerSelena IWM Volunteer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Keith, these have been merged
        If you find any more, can you please post them on the suggest life stories section with the URL for each life story?

Feedback and Knowledge Base